Sports

Robbers attack Man City’s Grealish house, cart away £1m jewellery

The house of Manchester City winger, Jack Grealish, was attacked by robbers while the England star was playing in his club’s Premier League match at Everton on Wednesday, December 27.

Grealish’s Cheshire mansion in north-west England was targeted by thieves as he was in action for the Premier League champions during their 3-1 victory on Merseyside.

Members of Grealish’s family and his fiancée, Sasha Atwood, were said to be watching the televised match at the house when they heard a disturbance.

An alarm was raised and an emergency response was launched with a helicopter, police dogs, and a number of officers sent to the property, but no suspects were detected, reports said on Friday.

It was reported that the robbers made off with £1 million ($1.2 million) worth of jewellery and watches.

READ ALSO: Man City whip Fluminense 4-0 to win first Club World Cup

Grealish, 28, was informed of the raid after City’s match ended.

A spokeswoman for Cheshire Constabulary said: “At about 9:50 p.m. on Wednesday 27 December police were called to reports of a burglary.

“The caller reported that a number of items had been stolen.

“Officers, supported by the police dogs and NPAS (National Police Air Service), were deployed and searches were conducted in the local area, but there was no trace of the suspects.

“No arrests have been made at this time and enquiries are ongoing.”

City manager, Pep Guardiola, was relieved nobody was hurt in the incident, but did not confirm if Grealish would be available for Saturday’s home game against Sheffield United.

“Fortunately nothing wrong happened where the family was inside.

“It is what it is today in the modern day, with many things happening. It was a bad moment for him and his family but, fortunately, what was not damaged were the people inside,” Guardiola told reporters on Friday.

The Star

Segun Ojo

Recent Posts

Stock market investors lose N91bn

The Nigerian stock market, on Wednesday, April 2, 2025, opened the week bearish as performance…

40 minutes ago

Trump announces global tariffs, slams 14% on imports from Nigeria

United States President Donald Trump, on Wednesday, April 2, 2025, slapped sweeping tariffs on imports…

49 minutes ago

NNPC raises petrol price to N950/litre in Abuja, N925/litre in Lagos

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited has increased the price of Premium Motor Spirit…

1 hour ago

Diri: My government not against rallies in Bayelsa

Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri says his administration is not against rallies in the state.…

13 hours ago

Tribunal affirms Okpebholo as Edo governor

The Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed Monday Okpebholo as…

13 hours ago

King who died inside the honey pot, by FUNKE EGBEMODE

By FUNKE EGBEMODE (egbemode3@gmail.com) When Prince Amuniwaiye ascended the throne of his fathers, it looked…

15 hours ago